Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Seven Years Old


Seven Years Old


when i was a little boy
i was so happy
just by myself
my simple life
a simple plan
to play and get some smiles
i liked the kites
i liked my friends
in fact i liked everyone
even the rough ones
i'd seek to become a friend
a team, with them too

when i was a little boy
i was so simple
just for the sake their smile
i'd make a fool of myself
in front of everyone
like i always understood
giving is much better
than getting
i liked my mum
but i was scared of dad
and i seek heaps love from them
and even then i knew
how to love back

when i was a little boy
life was so simple
just to school and back to home
play, learn and more play
my friends and pals and mentors
they all were my heroes
and i was their friend too
had no worries
had no troubles
just some chewing gum
n a kite
and half the day will pass
like i always knew
that little happiness
has a sweeter taste

when i was a little boy
i was never alone
everyone loved me and
wanted me
i was popular and was likable
by many many across the years
but where have i lost
those days
those friends
those moments of love and care
where is my blue car
where is my Bat, my piggy bank
and where is my lovely mum
who i won't want to share
feelings have grown up into this
network of disillusions
my hand is empty and
so is my heart
a sadistic view of existence
portrays thy self
and regrets
of the time
i wasted fooling around
as i grew up
from a carefree boy
to a careless man
and the same i get in return
careless- people, times and places
all around me
everywhere
it seems and sounds
as if no one cares
of that little boy
who still is alive
deep down inside
who would love to play and
hold a friend
and love to give a smile
but shame time has magnified
those pure feelings into lust and
envy and greed and anger

i wish to build again
a tree house
and lock myself in there
away from myself
and sit and play
and wait for mum
to call out- "Come down mane, lunch is ready"
why, why, why, why time
why can't you make
an exception
and let me go back
to the sunny day when mum
and i are playing
snakes and ladders
and then she feeds me my
favorite mango desert
how, how, how, how did
i end up here
empty, cold and lonely
Dear Time, please tell
At least please tell me stories
of all those times
for i'v already forgotten
now the mind is rotten
with all but shameful thoughts
i seek to be rescued and
loved again
in the same pure way
God of The Worlds
May I find You
May You fulfill this will
For that is what i pray



2 comments:

jaspreet said...

hey......such a nice poem as it reveals the feelings of every man who has grown up from innocent n carefree child to selfish man with bad intentions in mind..............not only u dear but v all r lyk dat......

Unknown said...

Hahaha.. wat a misery...how can u put tht in words u still a 7 year old boy...

Good one..gaurav..right from the bottom of ur heart..i m sure it touched every single soul who read it. ...